[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Hollow - HarryLovesHermione.com's HHr Forums • View topic - THE RULES: ALL THE BASICS, CONTACT AND REGISTRATION INFO

THE RULES: ALL THE BASICS, CONTACT AND REGISTRATION INFO

Here you'll find all the common sense rules, how to register, how-to guides, updates to the board and announcements of board-wide changes and additions that are important to know. Updated as needed, so wander in once in a while to see if anything has been added.

If you don't read the rules post, then don't get mad at me if you don't understand why I had to boot your ass out.
BASIC STUFF HERE, PEOPLE:
Last update: July 20th, 2011

--------------------------SIGNING UP--------------------------

- The only way to sign up is for me to sign you up manually. The forum's anti-spambot measures weren't working. It's been a pain. So... now I sign you up. Thank you ahead of time for understanding. What you need to do:

1. You must e-mail me: katejones123@gmail.com
2. You must include the user name you want to use and an email address.

The user name you want to use must be exactly as you want it to appear. Keep in mind this cannot change later so choose wisely. Usernames must be between 3 and 20 chars long and can use letters, numbers and/or spaces. You must give me a valid e-mail address that you want to use.

3. I will use a generic password to sign you up and i will send it to you. I highly recommend you go into your settings once you're signed in and change it. You can also choose to add icons, signatures or anything else.

That's it. Very simple. You will be activated immediately and can sign in as soon as i send you the password. Please remember to include a **valid** user name and e-mail address when you mail me or else I can't sign you in!

--------------------------FORUM ETIQUETTE--------------------------

- Absolutely no other Harry-or-Hermione/Other ship pimpage within any part of this board. HHr only. Other shippers are welcome to join as long as they keep their anti-hhr opinions to themselves. This board is not a democracy and negative HG/RHr discussion will likely happen. Get over it.

- This isn't the portkey. The board doesn't work the same way so make sure you read the guides. They really will help you. And it will keep your posts from being edited/moved/deleted.

- Feel free to talk about things that piss you off about the characters/shipper fandom stuff but use common sense, please. No need to bash or bully real people.

- Don't be unnecessarily critical of people's fanwork. Nobody likes that guy.

- No debates!! Fuck Ron and Ginny. HHr is awesome. If you have a problem with that, take your lame ass over to the Sugarquill where you belong. So there's no need to debate RHr/HG vs. HHr. There is no debate. HHr wins. They always win here.

- Save everything! I'm new at this and I'd hate to accidentally delete your post while doing mod stuff... or if the script or server get wacky.

- You are not the moderator. Please remember that. Please don't respond to other people with moderator-type comments.

- Trolls may wander in. Please don't feed them.

- I am not here to parent the world, therefore if you don't want to see/read nc-17 stuff, feel free to leave.

- I reserve the right to delete really lame OT posts. I also reserve the right to delete/move posts that are incoherent, are not in the right forums, are generally nasty or unnecessary. Keep posts in their proper topics.

- Please feel free to start your own topics. I've kept the forum open for this. But please follow current forum topic styles. Also, I'm open to all ideas. If you have a main topic-type that you'd like to see, I'd be happy to create it.

- Spammers are annoying and have been sneaking through here and there. PLEASE do not click on any links they offer- they could very well be viruses or annoying websites. I'm trying my very best to keep these annoying little bastards out.

--------------------------CONTACT STUFF: (ADMIN CONTACT - katejones123@gmail.com)--------------------------

- If it's a technical issue, I probably have no idea. But I'll respond with something that sounds good.
- Have patience. If I don't get back to you within 5 seconds, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because I'm not home from work yet.
- Please give me all the information I need to know in order to help you.
- Our moderator is HHR4ever. Feel free to PM her to discuss issues or questions. Please be respectful.

------------- BASIC POSTING ANNOYANCES I'M ASKING YOU TO AVOID FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY -------------------

1. Please keep the netspeak to a minimum. Absolutely no netspeak in forum topic titles.
2. You are not a special snowflake. Do not use special characters or dots, etc in forum titles because you think it will help it 'stand out'. ~*~*~LIKE THIS~*~*~
3. pLeaSe dO NoT dO ThiS tO YoUR TeXt. It's a sure sign that you're a douchebag.
4. Avatars/icons are highly encouraged. I like people to use them. RHr and HG icons are not allowed. Just because I said so. Animated gif's are fine as are signatures. Try to refrain from the annoying, seizure-inducing gifs, though.

___________THANK YOU!!!____________
katej
Site Admin

Return to THE COMMON SENSE RULES, REGISTRATION, HOW-TO, HELP, CONTACT, ETC.